top of page
POSTERS AND ORAL PRESENTATIONS
UKSCA call for scientific/applied case abstracts, oral presentations and conference grants
SUNDAY 4 SEPTEMBER 2022
SHARE YOUR WORK AND GET NOTICED!
We strongly encourage all members, students, early career researchers and established academics to share their original research, or applied case studies. The poster of your work will be on show all conference and it is a great way for you to meet others interested in your work.
We are now accepting submissions for original research and applied case study abstracts. We strongly encourage all members, students, early career researchers and established academics to submit an abstract to either the (a) original research, or (b) applied case study categories, which they feel will add value and be of interest to all those who attend the conference. We are confident that this section of the conference will draw upon the growing success of previous years, showcasing the outstanding work of our members.
This year the format for presenting work will be expanded beyond poster presentations to include oral presentations. The oral presentation format will be a 10 minute presentation of the research or case study plus 5 minutes of discussion. These sessions will take part during the main conference proceedings.
In addition, the UKSCA wishes to establish the opportunity for members to attend and network with established professionals in the industry, who may not usually attend for financial reasons. Up to 6 poster grants will be awarded, consisting of a day pass to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the annual conference, worth value £435.
One person may be the primary author on a maximum of two abstracts. The closing date for abstract submissions is 4 September 2022. If submitting more than one abstract, please send each on a separate form. Abstracts are considered from all scientific and research fields, in addition to any practical applied case study examples from the field of coaching and sports performance.
Those who submit abstracts will be notified regarding acceptance/rejection soon after the panel have reviewed the applications. Authors must have booked their place at the conference (attending on at least one day) by 11 September 2022 and it is therefore assumed that funding agreement is already in place on submission.
Please note, acceptance of the abstract does not confer a free conference place - part 2 of the form must be used for those wishing to apply for a grant to attend.
Abstracts accepted will be informed of appropriate formatting requirements. For questions concerning any aspects of abstract submission, please email email@example.com
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
1. Abstract submissions are open to all UKSCA members in the UK and overseas
2. The Lead author must be a UKSCA member, co-authors are not required to be
3. The panel will assume that any co-authors have endorsed this application and that no conflicts of interest arise
4. If you are submitting more than one abstract, please use a separate form
5. The lead author (or nominated co-author) must attend the conference as a delegate on either 30 September or 1 October 2022, and their place(s) must be booked by 11 September 2022
6. All applications will be notified if they are/aren’t successful soon after the panel has met
7. Unsuccessful oral submissions will automatically be considered for a poster submission, unless applicant requests this not to happen
8. The Grants Panel’s decision is final
bottom of page